web page visitor statistics

1.20.2012

Paris FW 2012 Part 2




Yves Saint Laurent
Carven / Givenchy

I liked YSL so much, I had to show two looks! The leather worked so well.
I'm obsessed with both of those jackets, but especially the one on the right with the leather top.
Carven was really wearable and young. I liked the way there were mixtures in some of the jackets.
Like the two tone which looks like padded red with navy wool, and there were duffle coats with down sleeves,
It all worked really well and put a spin on things to make the classics fresh.
I have a soft spot for Givenchy... this wasn't my favourite collection ever,
but there are so many really neat things Riccardo Tisci does every season I can't not post about it.
There was a play on masculinity within this collection and that was stretched with
leather leggings and skirts that somehow managed to still look super manly.
You can never really appreciate the detailing work with Givenchy clothes unless you
look at the super close-up photos, or better yet, experience them in real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Im naked, Im numb