web page visitor statistics

3.07.2010

Oscars



Zoe Saldana of Avatar wins my best dressed, wearing this stunning Givenchy dress. Although this look is not the most popular among the press, I don't care, because Givenchy is a favourite of mine, so I was stoked when I saw her walk down the red carpet with this sparkly bust and the billowing organza that goes from lavender to navy at the bottom. I think she looks amazing. Other stars that should top best dressed include Carey Mulligan in her black Prada dress that is embellished with mini scissors and knives among other things. Amanda Seyfried looked amazing in her Swarovski studded Armani Prive gown. Penelope Cruz also pulled off a great Donna Karan dress, while Maggie Gyllenhaal boasted a lovely floral Dries Van Noten dress.

As for the actual awards... I was totally rooting for Gabourney Sidibe to win best actress for Precious, but unfortunately, Sandra Bullock took it for her role in The Blindside. Precious did get the Oscar for best supporting actress, won by Mo'Nique, so I was happy with that. I really want Avatar to win best picture, and as I write this, it is the only category not awarded so far. I want to live on Pandora, its beautiful, I wish it existed! ...DAMMIT, The Hurt Locker won best picture! That to me, is ridiculous because Avatar made over 2 BILLION dollars at the box office, so I'm pretty sure it should have beat a movie that I hadn't even heard of until the night of the Academy Awards. Dangit.

Also, note to self, watch A Single Man, An Education, and watch Avatar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Im naked, Im numb