web page visitor statistics

1.16.2012

Velvet



Dirk Bikkembergs / Dolce & Gabbana / Gucci
Versace / Burberry Prorsum / Alexander McQueen

So there has been a crazy amount of Velvet suits on the runways in Milan so far,
like literally so many. In addition to the ones pictured, I saw them at in the
Corneliani, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Etro, and Canali - to name a few.
I'm not too sure how I feel about this trend. I think trends are always interesting
because I don't really get how so many designers can do the same thing,
but there will end up being 40 varieties of the same thing which end up looking so different.
I think I like the way Christopher Bailey and Sarah Burton did these for Burberry and McQueen the best,
but I think the styling had a lot to do with it because it kind of calmed the look down a bit,
whereas Versace is anything but calm, and made the velvet suit as glam as it could be...
which oddly enough, kinda works for me because I usually don't like flashy stuff...
Anywho... will y'all be wearing a velvet suit next fall? I know I won't.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Im naked, Im numb