web page visitor statistics

5.24.2010

Battlefield to Catwalk





From top:
Aric, Chris, and I, at the War Museum
Jean-Paul Gautier SS00
Yojhi Yamamoto SS06 Dress in the Canadian War Museum and on the runway



Last week I was in Ottawa and at the Canadian War Museum, they had an exhibition entitled Camouflage. It showed the army paterns as worn on the front lines and on the runway. Among the Yamamoto dress, there was also a dress from one Project Runway Canada Show, Camouflage
suits worn by armies of different countries. Personally, I have never really liked camo, but I do find it interesting how war and military has inspired several designers such as Heatherette, Georgio Armani, D&G and much more.
I prefer a more military vibe, rather than the literal camouflage itself. However, if you find yourself in Ottawa, check it out at the Canadian War Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Im naked, Im numb